Applications are invited for The Fully Funded Wolfson Scholarships for International Students at the University College London, United Kingdom.
For the 2021/2022 academic year there will be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 awards offered in total, pending confirmation from the Dean.
The intention is that Wolfson Scholarships for International Students will be awarded to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact on their chosen field. Wolfson Scholarships will be awarded solely on academic merit. Ideally, the successful students would aspire to an academic career.
The funding available covers a stipend, fees and a research allowance. Each student starting in 2021-2022 will receive a total of £90,000 which equates to £30,000 per annum.
The Fully Funded Wolfson scholarships for International Students are open to both UK and Overseas applicants.
- Wolfson Scholarships will be available in three disciplines that align closely with the Foundation’s interests:
- The awards are available for doctoral research only, and will be paid over three years (or up to six years part time). For full-time students, it is expected that students complete their doctorate in three years.
- Students should have an outstanding academic record, usually a first class honours degree at undergraduate level and a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a cognate field of study to their proposed doctoral research.
Potential candidates who wish to be considered for The Fully Funded Wolfson scholarships for International Students must apply to UCL and must submit additional documentation to the programme officers at the Institute of the Americas by the same date (firstname.lastname@example.org). The additional documentation comprises:
- A research proposal of no more than 1000 words
- A letter from the proposed supervisor confirming that they are willing to supervise the specific project outlined. It is the candidate’s responsibility to remind the proposed supervisor to submit this letter by the 13 January deadline.