The WTO Young Professionals Programme was launched in 2016 as an opportunity for qualified young professionals from developing and least-developed countries that are members of the WTO to enhance their knowledge regarding WTO and international trade issues. The programme aims to attract professionals from under-represented countries who can consequently improve their chances of being recruited by the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations. The Programme is part of the Secretariat’s efforts to increase diversity and broaden the representation of the membership.
- be a national of a WTO member state
- have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work
- be fluent in English. A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.