Applications are invited for Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships from women and men belonging to developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development goals for any Masters degree in a development related course by The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP).
Scholars from developing country, after earning their degree, commit to return to their home country and use their new skills learned through participation in course and contribute to social and economic development of their respective country.
JJWBGSP offers Scholarships in different areas of development, including Economic Policy Management, Tax Policy, and Infrastructure Management to professionals from World Bank member developing countries. Scholarships positions are for over 200 Preferred Programs comprising a wide range of development topics and for 14 Partner Programs at universities located in USA, Africa and Japan.
All the applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university
- Tuition fee
- Cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university
- Monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books)
JJWBGSP will not cover any other cost other than the benefits mentioned
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- National of any World Bank member developing country
- Have unconditional offer letter (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to any one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree
- Have a minimum of 03 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree
- Employed in development-related work in a Full-time paid position
Applicants are required to submit following documents with Online application:
- 02 professional references (name, contact and email address)
- Unconditional offer letter of admission in any preferred Master’s degree program
All the applications will be assessed on the following merits:
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)