Applications are invited for Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships from women and men belonging to Japan with relevant professional experience and dedicated to the alleviation of poverty and enhanced shared prosperity in developing countries.
Scholars from Japan, after earning their degree, commit to advance their professional career with a keen focus on the alleviation of poverty and enhanced shared prosperity in developing countries.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) offers scholarships and applicants seeking master degrees are encouraged (but not required) to seek admissions in institutions participating in Preferred and Partnership Programs. Graduate degrees related to Foreign Service, Diplomacy, Business (including MBAs) and Law (including LLMs), Medicine (including MDs) will not be considered for financing by the JJWBGSP scholarship.
All the applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university
- Tuition fee
- Cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university
- Monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books)
JJWBGSP will not cover any other cost other than the benefits mentioned
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- National of Japan
- Have unconditional offer letter (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year currently enrolled Full time in a graduate program outside of Japan in any development related course
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree
- Not an employee of the Government of Japan or its related agencies, including JICA, Local governments and the Central Bank
- Have a minimum of 03 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree
Applicants are required to submit following documents with Online application:
- Three commendation letters
- Curriculum Vitae written in English
- Documentation that proves number of years of recent development-related work
- Diploma of the applicant’s most advanced university degree
All the applications will be assessed on the following merits:
- Quality of Academic Experience and Recommendation (20% weight)
- Quality of Professional Experience and Recommendations (40% weight)
- Quality of the Completed Application Form (40% weight)