Applications are invited for 28 Fully funded Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program from Indian students undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Sydney, Australia.
The Sydney Scholars India Scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students. The Scholarship is open to all commencing Indian students enrolled full time in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
From 2019, the University of Sydney will offer $500,000 worth in Scholarships to outstanding students in India commencing an in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework course.
This program intends to foster the engagement between the University of Sydney and India in our investment in research, collaboration with industry partners, and deepening the commitment to education for students to achieve their full potential.
The successful Scholarships applicant will receive the following benefits:
- 3 x $50,000 per annum for any undergraduate degree of up to four years
- 10 x $20,000 first-year Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- 15 x $10,000 first year Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
To be eligible for fully funded Scholarships, an applicant must:
- hold Indian citizenship and be a current resident of India.
- applicants who are permanent residents of Australia are not eligible
- have applied for, but not yet commenced, an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Sydney
Scholarship recipients may be invited to promote the program in which they are enrolled as well as represent the University of Sydney at student events, marketing events and corporate networking events. Costs of representing the University of Sydney at these functions will be met by the University of Sydney.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and personal statement assessed from a student’s application for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree and the details provided in the scholarship application.