Are you an experienced or aspiring professional who wants to contribute to a positive development in your region? Apply for a master’s degree in Sweden on a Fully Funded scholarship to boost your academic and professional skills.
The Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Program and SI Scholarships for the Western Balkans provide a number of full Scholarships to citizens of the Western Balkans and Turkey for master’s studies in Sweden. Both programs aim at contributing to closer relations between the Western Balkans, Turkey and the EU with a focus on democracy, human rights, good governance and the rule of law.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one year or two years master’s programs and is only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000/academic year
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
To be eligible for Scholarships, an applicant must
- Be citizens of one of the six Western Balkan countries or Turkey are eligible for this scholarship program
- Priority will be given to applicants with demonstrated leadership experience from civil society or public sector
- be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by April 03, 2020
- Have demonstrated work experience within the field related to democracy, human rights or the rule of law
- Be eligible for SI Scholarships. We give greatest priority to certain subject areas
To apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for the Western Balkans and Turkey, applicants are required to consider:
- Only programs that are on the list of eligible master’s programs are eligible for Scholarships for the Western Balkans and Turkey. The list will be published here by 6 November 2019
- We give greatest priority to applicants who choose study programs with an emphasis on democracy, human rights, or the rule of law, including gender equality, equal opportunities and non-discrimination, independent media (listed in alphabetical order, no priority or ranking is implied). It is up to you to motivate in your scholarship applications how your chosen programs are related to the prioritised subject areas.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2020
- University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI Scholarships and for university admissions are different
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the scholarship for the Western Balkans and Turkey. Make sure that you type the correct number in the online application form, or otherwise your application will be disqualified.
- February 03, 2020 is deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for SI Scholarships