Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a Master’s degree in Sweden on a Fully Funded Swedish Institute scholarships. An estimated 300 Scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020. Find out if you can apply.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program is part of the Swedish government’s international Awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The program offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal applicants are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study program in Sweden would benefit their country.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one year or two year Master’s programs, and is only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
To be eligible for Scholarships, an applicant must:
- be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship program
- have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 3 April 2020
- have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment
To apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), applicants are required to apply for:
- Only Master’s programs that are on the list of master’s programs are eligible for SISGP
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2020
- University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI Scholarships and for university admissions are different
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SISGP. Make sure that you type the correct number in the online application form, or otherwise your application will be disqualified
- February 03, 2020 is deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for an SI scholarship
Applications for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) 2020 will open in February 2020. Applicants have to apply for admission in eligible master’s programs open from October 16, 2019 to January 15, 2020.