“CLICCS – Climate, Climatic Change, and Society”
Applications are invited from International applicants for 02 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships Positions in Sociology at The Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Science (WISO)/ Department of Social Sciences / Institute of Sociology, Universität Hamburg, Germany.
The proposed PhD program aims to understand climate changes, taking into account internal variability, extreme events, and unexpected side effects, addressing the natural and social spheres as well as their interactions. Thus CLICCS’ overarching research question is: which climate futures are pos-sible and which are plausible? CLICCS will investigate how climate changes and how society changes with it, thereby feeding back on climate. It will identify those climate futures that are consistent with both climate and social dynamics (possible), and those we expect to unfold with appreciable probability (plausible).
To be eligible for scholarship position, an applicant must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Sociology, STS or related academic fields with very good grades
- advanced knowledge in sociological and STS theories and debates
- good proficiency in techniques of empirical research, esp. qualitative methods such as ethnographic methods, interview techniques and content analysis
- prior knowledge in the sociology of the future is desirable
- capacity for teamwork in an interdisciplinary environment
- Proficiency in English language (spoken and written)
- German language skills are desirable but not necessary
Applicants are required to submit the following documents for PhD Scholarships Positions in Sociology:
- a cover letter
- a research outline of a sociological contribution to the B1 project, maximum 02 pages
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts and copies of degree/certificate(s)
Applications are to be submitted as one single PDF file, marked PhD B1-Rödder: email@example.com.