Applications are invited for Fully funded PhD Scholarships position in Economics Design: Blockchains and Smart Contracts at the Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Scholarships position is associated with the Center for Blockchains and Electronic Markets, which is hosted by IFRO at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. The center is a cross-disciplinary project involving economists and computer scientists. Supervision will be done by the center’s senior members.
The PhD scholarships applicant are required to show interest in cross-disciplinary work within the fields of microeconomics, game theory, and computer science. The research must be related to the problems of designing electronic markets, preferably in the interface between decentralized infrastructure design and market design.
- annual salary at a minimum DKK 325,625 (approx. €43,617)
- annual supplement (+ pension)
- negotiation for salary supplement is possible
To be eligible for the Scholarships position, an applicant must:
- hold a relevant MSc degree in Economics or Computer Science
- Proficiency in English language
- emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience
The main criterion for selection will be the research potential of the applicant and the above mentioned skills. The successful PhD applicant will then be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD school of Science.
Applicants for PhD Scholarships position in Economics are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diploma and transcripts of BSc and MSc
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE (if any)
- List of publications (if any)
- Contact details of 1-3 professional referees (name, address, telephone & email)