If you are looking for a rigorous graduate training, and want to make a substantial research contribution to the economics of health and health care, the Centre for Health Economics at Monash University offers a fully funded PhD in Health Economics.
PhD Scholarships are available in all areas of Health Economics, but we specifically encourage those within the current research programs of our experienced supervisors. For more information on who we are and what we do and the range of our current research interests, click here.
As a PhD scholar at the Centre, applicants will be part of a team of academics and researchers at the cutting edge of important international research, using the latest methods. Our current students, recent graduates and alumni demonstrate the range, quality and opportunities offered in those programs including the costs of childhood obesity, perinatal mental health, health aid for lower income countries.
- all fees
- a stipend value of AUD 27,872 per annum, additional funding may be available
- travel costs
- There are further opportunities for travel and the potential to study for up to one year at one of our partner institutions in Europe or USA
To be eligible for scholarship, an applicant must
- have a bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field
- a master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent
- Proficiency in English language: IELTS 7.0 overall
(no band less than 6.5)
Applicants for PhD Scholarships in Health Economics 2020 are required to submit the following:
- an expression of interest to email@example.com
- a full CV (including details of specific grades and transcripts if available) at least six weeks prior to the scholarship application closing dates
- Those applicants who pass the expression of interest stage will be invited to submit a full scholarship application before the subsequent scholarship closing date