Applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD scholarship position in Physics with a focus on models of plankton in turbulence at The Department of Physics, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.null
The proposed fully funded PhD scholarship position is connected to the project Optimal navigation strategies by plankton in turbulent flows, supported by the Swedish Research Council. The aim of this research project is to understand the benefit of different shapes and behavior of plankton in accomplishing important goals (such as survival or mating) in a turbulent environment.
This information is key when predicting future changes in aquatic food chains due to environmental changes, as well as in applications of aquaculture, toxic algal blooms, and bioreactors. To achieve the goals we analyze models of plankton using machine learning techniques and analytical perturbative methods.
To be eligible for this fully funded PhD scholarship position, the applicant must:
- has been awarded a second-cycle qualification
- has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or
- has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad
- Proficiency in English language (a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test (or 213 on the TOEFL-CBT, or 79 on the TOEFL-iBT)
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Cover letter with an explanation of why you apply for the position
- Curriculum Vitae including scientific publications
- Copy of exam certificate and grades for BSc and MSc
- Two referees (name, telephone no, relation)
For further information regarding the scholarship position contact: