04 PhD research positions are funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft in the graduate school/research training group “GRK 2240: Algebro-Geometric Methods in Algebra, Arithmetic and Topology“, which is located at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and the University of Wuppertal, Germany.
The proposed PhD researches will participate in the common study program and conduct individual research under the guidance of their PhD supervisors. It is expected that two scholarship positions will be located at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and the other two positions at the Bergische University Wuppertal.
Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- salary scale of 13 TV-L, depending on the personal qualification of the applicants
To be eligible for the scholarship position, applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in mathematics
- scientific interests that fit with the goals of the research training group
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts, Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
- Master’s thesis
- Previous teaching/research experience
- Letter of recommendation
For detailed information about the “GRK 2240”, the application procedure and the required documents, please visit the web site