Applications are invited from Australian and International students for Fully funded PhD Scholarship in Computer Vision & Machine Learning at Data Science Research Group (Information Technology and Electrical Engineering School), University of Queensland, Australia.
Outstanding and motivated PhD applicants are being sought to work as part of a research team on developing methods for solving a wide range of problems in computer vision and machine learning. The project is supported by the Australian Research Council and involves academic partners in both Europe and the US. This project is part of the Data Science Research Group (Information Technology and Electrical Engineering School) at the University of Queensland located in Brisbane, Australia.
The Data Science group researches and develops innovative and practical solutions for business, scientific and social applications in the realm of big data. The group encompasses a variety of research strengths including: Computer Vision & Machine Learning, Data and knowledge engineering, Information Retrieval, and Complex and Intelligent Systems. Successful applicant will join a world-leading research group currently composed of 14 academic staff members (including 04 full professors, one Future Fellow, two DECRA fellows and an Advanced Queensland Fellow), 07 research fellows and over 40 PhD students. Members of the group have a successful track record of publishing in top Conferences and journals.
The research environment available to the project is world-class. The University of Queensland (UQ) has a strong and internationally focused research culture. It is ranked in the top 1% of world universities in three widely publicized international University rankings. The areas of research in these PhD projects have a strategic fit within UQ’s existing research strengths in Data Science.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Living stipend costed at AUD 27,596 per annum tax-free (2019 rate). Additional top-ups will be available for outstanding applicant
To be eligible for PhD scholarship, an applicant must:
- Very good first Masters or honours degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Science
- Work as part of a research team on developing methods for solving a wide range of problems in computer vision and machine learning
- Strong background in mathematics and some programming experience is desirable
- Experience in computer vision and/or machine learning is also meriting
- meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research
- Cover letter, which should also highlight why you are interested in this project, and any previous relevant experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcript/s
- Copies of published research papers where you are an author, along with a statement regarding your contribution to the paper
Submitting the above documents does not constitute a full application for admission into The University of Queensland’s PhD program. If you are selected as the preferred applicant, you will then be invited to submit a full application for admission.