Advances in Index Theory
Applications are invited for Fully funded PhD Laureate Scholarships in Mathematics at the School of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Australia.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
Pure Mathematics received the top ranking of 5 in ERA 2015, make it one of the premier departments in the country. It hosts the Institute for Geometry and its Applications, which is extremely active at organising workshops, lecture series and instructional schools that benefit HDR students and other staff.
Research topics include (but are not limited to): Index theory of elliptic operators; geometric analysis, positive scalar curvature; mathematical gauge theory; mathematics of String Theory; mathematics of condensed matter physics.
Successful Scholarships applicants will receive the following benefits:
- an annual scholarship of $27,596 (AUD) for up to 4 years
- Full coverage of PhD tuition fees
To be eligible for PhD Laureate Scholarships, an applicant must:
- hold a First Class Honours or a Masters degree in Pure Mathematics or Mathematical Physics
Applicants for PhD Scholarships should follow the following application process:
- Domestic applicants should apply for admission via the Domestic online application form. Please email a summary of your application for admission to Elder Professor Mathai with “Application for advances in Index Theory PhD Scholarship” in the subject heading
- International applicants should apply for admission via the International online application form