Applications are invited for a Fully Funded PhD scholarship position in Business Intelligence and Information Systems at The School of Industrial Engineering of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands.
The FENIX project is a European project to develop a federated network for information exchange in logistics. It has academic, logistics and software development partners, who will collaborate to develop the information exchange network as well as advanced logistics prediction and planning software on top of the network. With the network and the software services, logistics companies can collect logistics information from partner companies and other sources, predict properties of a transport, including estimated arrival times, traffic jams, loading and unloading times and customs inspection times. They can then use these properties to plan transport in an optimal manner. In that way they can minimize cost and CO2 emission.
Successful applicant, will perform the research project outlined above and report research findings at international Conferences and workshops, and in high-quality scientific journals. In doing so, PhD scholar will collaborate with research and logistics partners throughout Europe. The research will be concluded with a PhD thesis. Teaching (on average about 10%) is part of the job description. The project will be supervised by Dr.Ir. Remco Dijkman.
The successful applicant for Fully Funded PhD scholarship position in Business Intelligence and Information Systems will receive the following benefits:
- gross monthly salary from € 2325 – € 2971
- a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university
- a PhD appointment for a period of 4 years
- a yearly holiday allowance of 8% and 8.3% end of year allowance
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, coverage of costs of publishing the dissertation and excellent sports facilities)
To be eligible for the PhD scholarship position, an applicant must:
- have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, or a similar field of study
- have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research and collaboration with industry
- have a strong and verifiable background in programming are preferred
- be able to work on a challenging topic that has both basic and applied research aspects
- have excellent communication skills in English and ability to collaborate in an international setting
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae
- cover letter (1 page max), which includes a motivation of your interest in the vacancy and an explanation of why you would fit well for the project
- transcripts of Masters and Bachelor degrees
- proficiency of English language
- name and contact information of two references