Sir John Monash was a distinguished Australian leader, engineer and nation-builder. He was a gifted student, but was forced to leave university early due to financial hardship. Sir Monash eventually returned to study and ultimately used his education to turn his natural talent into ability, and his ability into great achievement. With this in mind, we have designed some scholarships in this package specifically for those whose financial and personal circumstances might otherwise restrict their participation in a world-class Monash education.
This scholarship, as part of the Sir John Monash Scholarships Program, is offered to the 10 highest-achieving international students studying Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia. If you have an ATAR of 98.00+ or equivalent, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for a Monash undergraduate degree through VTAC.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- $10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study), up to a maximum of four years
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional activities
To be eligible for scholarship, an applicant must:
- An International student
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia
- Intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- No application is required
- All eligible students who apply for an undergraduate course through VTAC will be automatically assessed
- This scholarship can be deferred