The Kemitraan Negara Bekembang (KNB) Scholarship was first introduced by Ministry of Education and Culture in 1992. It initially serve the Ministry’s higher education development strategic plan to embrace the higher education globalisation by providing financial assistance (scholarship) to the selected Universities to recruit potential International students to get their master degree in those Universities. However, considering how this program has been significantly contribute in the human resources development in our neighbouring developing countries, we were then decided to expand the program coverage and the number of scholarship offered has been significantly increased. Between 2009 – 2017 periods, we have been awarding 992 Scholarships to students coming from 71 developing countries around the world.
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old;
- Applicants must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.