Application are invited for Fully funded Grant-aligned Priority PhD Scholarships from International and Australian citizens in Health, Education, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Environment & Science, Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Information Technology, Humanities, Psychology, Music, Business, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Queensland, Australia.
These Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government to provide assistance to students during completion of a PhD. Scholarships are offered for projects which are aligned with recently awarded Category 1 project grants or DECRAs. Work with leading researchers, and learn to conduct research independently and think critically, while contributing to large projects of national significance. Once a suitable applicant for the project has been found, the project will be removed from the list.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Annual stipend of 27,596 AUD tax-free (2019 rate)
- Assistance for living costs
- Tuition fees
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
To be eligible for Scholarships, an applicant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honours class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component
- A research master’s degree
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications
- Proficiency in English language: IELTS (Minimum Overall score of 6.5) or TOEFL (pBT 570, iBT 87)
Applicants can find details about Current Projects and contact the Chief Investigator to discuss the project, your suitability, and the preferred educational background. Don’t apply without first contacting the Chief Investigator.
Applicants for Grant-aligned Priority PhD Scholarships are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Academic CV
- Academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, complete or incomplete, including the institution grading scale
- Award certificates for all completed post-secondary study
- Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements
- A copy of your Passport
- Two referee reports from persons who can best comment on your prior research experience
Please note that these Scholarships do not have a closing date.