Applications are invited from Australian and International students for Fully Funded Scholarships (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Marketing at UNSW Business School, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia.
The position is based within the School of Marketing. The School of Marketing has recently appointed research professor Harald van Heerde as part of the Strategic Hire and Retention Programme (SHARP). This programme is part of UNSW’s 2025 Strategy. The vision is to be among the leading research-intensive universities worldwide, known for innovative, pioneering research that has a global impact. To achieve this, UNSW invests strategically, on a large scale, in recruitment in carefully selected areas of research, including marketing.
The successful Postdoctoral Fellow will undertake collaborative and self-directed research in quantitative marketing. The specific goal is to generate novel and rigorous insights on the effectiveness of marketing activities. These insights are based on using cutting-edge econometric models calibrated on observational (real-world) empirical data.
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow reports to Professor Harald van Heerde. The appointment is for a period of three years, starting at a mutually agreed date.
Successful applicant for Fully funded Scholarships will carry the following responsibilities:
- Develop or apply cutting edge econometric models to obtain novel and managerially relevant marketing insights
- Collaborate with industry partners in obtaining and collating empirical data in econometric model calibration
- Conduct field experiments with industry partners
- Process and clean obtained research data
- Publish in top marketing and related journals
- Present research at national and international Conferences
- Perform research collaboratively and individually
- Liaise with other investigators at the School of Marketing and UNSW
- Jointly supervise PhD, Honours and Masters students, as appropriate
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonablecare to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary from AUD 107,210 – 126,386 + 17% superannuation
- 03 year fixed-term position
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
To be eligible for Fully Funded Scholarships (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Marketing, an applicant must:
- Hold a PhD in Marketing, Business, Econometrics, Computer Science of similar with strong background in empirical econometric models
- Demonstrate a strong interest in real-world marketing issues
- Demonstrated strong quantitative background and training
- Demonstrated strong programming and data handling skills, for example in R, Python, Matlab or Gauss
- Proven, or demonstrated excellent potential for, an outstanding publication record
Applicants are required to apply online