Information about the project/field of study:
- Within accounting the project may focus on different fields: Financial Analysis, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting or Public Accounting.
- Within law, the proposal may be within contact law, tax law, company law, labour law, property law (transfer of property).
This is a trainee position that will give promising researchers an opportunity for academic development leading to a doctoral degree.
The appointment is for three years with research duties exclusively, or four years with both research and 25% compulsory duties. This will be clarified in the recruitment process.
PhD scholarships applicants must prepare a preliminary project proposal for a doctoral project within the subject area, which explains the problem, relevance, theoretical and methodological approach. Your preliminary project proposal will be included in the application assessment. During the first three months of the employment period, the project proposal will be further developed in cooperation with your supervisors and completed for the final project description. A project proposal template can be found here.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- annual salary of NOK 449.400 with salary development according to seniority in the position
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure
- colleague-based guidance program during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi (relevant with four years appointment with both research and 25% compulsory duties)
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Home-job-home, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation program in event of moving to Norway, including support and language courses for spouses
To be eligible for Scholarships position, an applicant must:
- a strong academic background who have completed a five-year Master degree (3+2) within Law or Accounting
- motivation and potential for research within the field
- have a large working capacity, and who understands that a doctoral course is a demanding learning process
- ability to work independently and in a team, be innovative and creative
- ability to work structured and handle a heavy workload
- have proficiency in English language (oral and written)
To apply for Fully Funded PhD Scholarships position, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Project proposal
- Transcripts, certificates/diplomas
- List of publications
- Other documentation that you consider relevant