Universidad de la República (Uruguay) has a three-year PhD position available, from autumn 2018, within the ITN Marie Curie project Edulia (www.edulia.eu), in Sensometrics & Consumer Science, School of Chemistry (Montevideo, Uruguay).
We are looking for motivated candidates who can work independently as well as a part of an international team. The work place will be at Universidad de la República (Montevideo, Uruguay), but the candidate will be required to spend a 3-month period in Norway (Nofima). The candidate will also spend a short period in the National Food Institute (Instituto Nacional de Alimentación, Uruguay).
The PhD project will evaluate alternatives to reduce the sugar content of dairy products targeted at preadolescents and develop guidelines for sugar reduction in dairy products targeted at preadolescents.
- MSc or equivalent within a relevant scientific area (e.g. Food Sciences, Nutrition, Psychology) with proved knowledge in Sensory and Consumer sciences.
- Languages: excellent working knowledge (written and oral) of English. Knowledge of Spanish language is an advantage (oral and written).
- Competence in data analysis tools applied to sensory and consumer sciences (e.g. R, data collection software)
- Strong collaborative skills
- Independent and analytic
- Results-oriented and with a strong motivation for the project
- Availability and willingness to travel and work in different places in the world