IPBR (Lyon) has a three-year PhD position available, from autumn 2018, within the ITN Marie Curie project Edulia (www.edulia.eu), in collaboration with LEAD (Dijon, France).
We are looking for motivated candidates who can work independently as well as a part of an international team. The work place will be at IPBR (Lyon, France), but the candidate will be required to spend 2 to 4 months periods in Norway (Nofima, As) and 1 to 3 month(s) with Elior, a French multinational commercial catering and foodservice company mainly to do the field work.
The PhD project will (1) investigate cognitive mechanisms that could contribute to an explanation of food rejections in preschoolers,and (2) develop innovative eating devices consistent with the developmental characteristics underpinning food rejections.
- MSc or equivalent within a relevant scientific area (e.g. Cognitive Science, Psychology, Food Science) with proved knowledge in Statistics.
- Languages: excellent working knowledge (written and oral) of English. Basic knowledge of French is also required (oral).
- Competence in data analysis tools (e.g. R ©, Statistica © )
- Real interest in both theoretical and empirical approaches
- Availability and willingness to travel and work in different places in the world