Department of Geoscience and Petroleum, Faculty of Engineering at The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway invites applications for a Fully Funded PhD Position.
he Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
A three-year PhD scholarship is available in the center of excellence PoreLab, within the group Reservoir Engineering and Petrophysics at the Department of Geoscience and Petroleum (IGP), NTNU. The PhD research is in the area of pore scale laboratory experiments and modelling of fluid flow in porous media. The focus for this candidate will be pore scale laboratory experiments within PoreLab. These experiments are centered on two-phase flow properties, with special focus on the impact of wettability on multiphase flow.
The successful candidate will be employed full-time by NTNU for a fixed period of three years.
The primary workplace will be Department of Geoscience and Petroleum, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. Information about the workplace can be found at http://www.ntnu.edu/igp. The Reservoir engineering and petrophysics group is a partner in the center of excellence PoreLab (http://porelab.no/). The research will be conducted in cooperation with both academic and industry partners.
Engagement as a PhD candidate is done in accordance with “Regulation concerning terms and conditions of employment for the posts of post-doctoral research fellow, research fellow, research assistant and resident”, given by the Ministry of Education and Research of 19.07.2010. The goal of the position is to obtain a PhD degree. Applicants will engage in an organized PhD training program, and appointment requires approval of the applicants plan for a PhD study within three months from the date of commencement.
For further information about the position, please contact Associate Professor Carl Fredrik Berg, email: email@example.com, tel. +47 90708869 or Professor Ole Torsæter, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 91897302.
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in petroleum engineering, physics, chemistry, or equivalent.
- It is advantageous with prior knowledge of pore-scale experimental work, core flooding, image analysis methods and software.
- A high level of personal responsibility and initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- The application must contain information of educational background and work experience
- Certified copies of transcripts should be enclosed. Applications with CV, grade transcripts and other enclosures should be submitted via this webpage at www.jobbnorge.no.
- Mark your application with IV-199/18.