Applications are invited for a Fully Funded PhD scholarship at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, in Professor Birgitte H. Kallipolitis’ research group. The PhD fellowship is available from 1 August 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter, for a period of three years. The research project will focus on the role of fatty acids as signalling molecules in bacterial pathogens.
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The successful candidate will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biomedicine, or related subjects
- Highly talented, creative and motivated candidate
- The successful candidate should have a strong background in experimental molecular microbiology, including prior experience in genetic manipulation of Gram-positive bacteria and methods for studying bacterial gene regulatory systems
- Prior academic publication experience will be considered as a plus
- The candidate should be proficient in English and possess good interpersonal skills
- A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
- Detailed CV, including personal contact information
- Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
- At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: email@example.com mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line