Applications are invited for Fully Funded Joint PhD Scholarship (co-tutelle) in Computer Science at Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (FAMNIT), University of Primorska, Slovenia and University of St Andrews, UK.
The Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies at the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) is offering Fully Funded PhD scholarship for a planned Joint PhD (co-tutelle) in Computer Science with University of St Andrews, UK to EU and International applicants who are enthusiastic about working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The PhD scholar is required to work on applied computer science research in the following areas:
- Human-computer Interaction
- Computational interactions (HCI with focus on computationally intensive methods e.g. machine learning, AI, Computer Vision ,…)
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Pervasive and Ubiquitous computing
The successful PhD applicant will be work on a tailored research project at UP FAMNIT, HICUP Lab. It is planned that this will be in collaboration with the University of St Andrews (UK) subject to approval. Upon the successful completion of PhD the scholar will be awarded a joint degree under a planned Joint PhD (co-tutelle) agreement.
The applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend of € 1,544 before tax and expenses
- Tuition fees at University of Primorska
- Research equipment and a working desk
- Budget for other research costs for covering fieldwork and conference attendance on yearly basis
Scholarship will not cover tuition fees at St. Andrews and will be paid by applicant for a minimum one year.
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Master Degree or equivalent Computer Science
- Proficiency in English language (spoken and written); IELTS (overall score of 6.5), TOEFL iBT(overall score of 93 minimum 20 in each skill)
- Excellent technical ability, programming skills
- Good prototyping skills and an inventive mind for problem solving
- Very good knowledge in at least one of the areas of software engineering, 3D graphics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, information visualisation, interaction design, computer vision, systems modelling, software development
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Letter
- Research Proposal
- Previous research and/or development projects and/or DIY prototyping
- Academic degrees and transcripts
- A Reference Letter (to comment on your suitability for a research degree level of study)
Applicants should send this information in zip file to email@example.com.