ETH Zurich supports excellent master students with two Scholarships programs:
The Excellence Scholarships & Opportunity Program (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The ETH-D Scholarships contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
The Excellence Scholarships consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree program and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s program (three or four semesters).
The ETH-D Scholarships consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month).
The scholarship programs are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
There is only one application process for both Master scholarship programs.
– very good result in Bachelor’s degree program (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree program = grade A)
– Reachability under the specified telephone number (The selection process includes a (Skype) interview in February)
- Application form (application window open 01 Nov – 15 Dec 2019)
- ESOP letter of motivation (01-02 pages)
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 70 KB))
- Curriculum Vitae
- ETH-Bachelor: Two reference letters
External applicants must also apply for a Master’s degree program at ETH Zurich.
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree program at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.