Applications are invited from students from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines for Development Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS), Fully Funded Scholarships by DAAD Germany.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD (Fully Funded Scholarships) promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The Fully Funded Scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
- 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
(in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- Research exposé (if required by university)
- Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities
– English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
– German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
– copies of awarded academic degrees
– copies of academic transcripts
– copy of School Leaving Certificate
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description on the following pages. All documents must be submitted as identical duplicates.
Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.