Asian Development Bank Scholarships, funded by the Government of Japan, provides an opportunity for citizens of the Bank’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, sciences and mathematics and technology, and other development-related fields.
ADB Scholarships aim to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
The following subject areas at the University of Melbourne are eligible for 2020 Scholarships:
Agriculture, Animal Studies, Food Science and Veterinary Science, Commerce, Economics and Management, Engineering; Medicine, Dentistry, Health and Welfare
Successful scholarship applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books and instructional materials
- Return economy airfare to Melbourne and back to home country at the completion of the scholarship
- Payment of Overseas Student Health Cover
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship
To be eligible for ADB Scholarships, an applicant must:
- A national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country listed here
- Gained admission to an approved study areas at The University of Melbourne
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with excellent academic record
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application
- Proficiency in English language (oral and written) to be able to pursue studies
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application
- In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old
- In good health
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program
Applicants for Asian Development Bank (ADB) Scholarships are required to follow the following application process:
- Applicants must first submit an application for admission for one of the eligible courses for this scholarship. You will need to pay an application fee of $100 (AUD)
- After you have submitted an application for admission, you must submit an online application for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship. No additional scholarship application fee is required