Aker Scholarships is a grant awarded to students who want to apply for Master’s or PhD studies at some of the world’s leading universities. The scholarship is open to applicants from all academic disciplines. You apply to Aker Scholarships one year before embarking on your studies (or you may apply in the fall as you begin your studies).
Do you aim high and work persistently to reach your goals? Are you engaged in social issues? Would you like to make a positive impact to the benefit of others? We are looking for young talent dedicated to making a difference. We hope that the opportunity to study at one of the world’s top universities will provide you with knowledge, inspiration and contacts that can help you realize your full potential — both academically and personally.
Applicants are awarded Scholarships to students to study at the following universities:
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- funding that complements other sources of financial support
- applicants will normally not incur any additional student loans during the course of degree.
- guidance through the application process and follow up throughout the entire program
To be eligible for Scholarships, an applicant must:
- be Norwegian or have a strong link to Norway
- have lived in Norway for several years and speak Norwegian
- be academically strong and have a desire to contribute to society
Applicants for Aker Scholarships (Master’s and PhD) 2020 are required to submit the following documents with application:
- Application letter approximately 02 pages long describing yourself, what you want to study and why, in addition to why you should receive a scholarship
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts, Grades and certificates
- Recommendation letters
- References and other relevant documents
- For a PhD, attach a project description, typically 4-10 pages long