The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships International to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Fee Waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 02 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 03 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 02 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 03 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses
To be eligible for Adelaide Scholarships International, an applicant must:
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enrol in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Successful applicants must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
NOTE: If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to successfully complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research Scholarships.
To apply for Adelaide Scholarships International 2020, an applicant must submit following documents with application :
- A copy of the personal details section of passport
- Visa or DIBP Statement/Email Confirmation of Visa Grant
- English language proficiency test results
- All Academic Transcript(s)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Publications (Accepted or Published only)
- Research Proposal
- Reference Letter(s)