Applications are invited for Fully Funded 15 PhD Scholarships positions in Chemical and Molecular Biology at The International Max Planck Research School in Chemical and Molecular Biology (IMPRS-CMB), Germany.
The IMPRS-CMB is a joint program between the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology (MPI-MP), the Technical University (TU) Dortmund, the Ruhr University Bochum (RUB) and the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE). All four institutes are closely connected and located in the Ruhr Metropolitan Area, a vibrant, open and multicultural region in Germany.
The International Max Planck Research School in Chemical and Molecular Biology (IMPRS-CMB) is looking for talented and motivated PhD applicants of all nationalities to carry out novel projects in the following research areas:
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Chemical Biology, Drug Discovery, Molecular Biology, Network Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Structural Biology, Synthetic Biology and Systems Biology
The scientific questions, that as a School we are interested in, are often very complex and require a combination of expertise. For this reason, we value interdisciplinarity and we actively search for students with backgrounds in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Engineering that are willing to work hand in hand with Biologists.
As a Biologist, this is also the place for you: you will be encouraged to tackle questions using a variety of approaches for which you will find training and support on site. Projects are truly interdisciplinary because faculty with different backgrounds closely collaborate.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Fully funded PhD Scholarships positions (competitive salaries with social benefits)
- An international and exciting working atmosphere
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- An integrated training program that includes lectures, advanced scientific workshops, complementary skill courses and career development activities
- A mentoring program to guide and promote young scientists
To be eligible for PhD Scholarships positions, an applicant must have:
- Excellent academic scores
- Prior research experience
- Most importantly commitment and enthusiasm to face the many challenges of a PhD project
To apply for 15 PhD Scholarships positions in Chemical and Molecular Biology, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts, Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation