NHH is pleased to announce two vacancies in the PhD specialisation in Economics, within the field of empirical labour economics. The applicants admitted to the PhD Program at NHH will receive the title of PhD Research Scholar. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
The PhD research scholars will be working on two different projects:
1: “Reducing Inequality through Complementarities in Investments in Education and Health” led by NHH Professor Aline Bütikofer. The project is financed by the Norwegian Research Council through the Young Research Talents program.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The annual salary for the PhD Research Scholar position is NOK 479 000 (equivalent to approximately EUR 49 220 or USD 55 490)
- The salary ensures a fair standard of living in Norway and is subject to Norwegian taxes and benefits, including public health care benefits and pension savings.
To be eligible foe Scholarships positions, an applicant must:
- Master of Science (MSc) or comparable degree relevant for your specialisation in Economics and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Psychology, Philosophy, Mathematics, Engineering, Industry, Management, Law
- Applicants must normally have completed a 5-year master’s degree program or equivalent
- Minimum B (4) in Grade Point Average (GPA), five-point scale (A=five, B=four, C=three, D=two, E=one)
- Minimum B (4) on your master thesis
- Excellent proficiency in English language (spoken and written)
To apply for 02 PhD Scholarships positions in Economics, an applicant must submit the following documents with application:
- Certificate and Transcripts of Master of Science degree or equivalent
- Certificate and transcripts of Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Other relevant certificates or transcripts (courses completed at the PhD level)
- If the issuing authority of grades and degrees does not use the ECTS grading scale, please include an official description of the applied grading scale system.
- Statement of purpose describing your motivation for applying this position (250 – 300 words)
- Tentative research proposal (2000 – 4000 words). A summary of your planned research project must describe the aims, objectives, research questions, and elaborate on your motivation for pursuing the proposed area of research
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications and /or other documented research activities
- Contact details of two referees