The chair for Software Systems Engineering is part of the research institute Paluno (The Ruhr Institute for Software Technology), in which ten professors and their teams (more than 100 academic staff members) join forces. Successful PhD applicant will cooperate closely with our partners from industry and academia in the context of our European and national research projects.
The University of Duisburg-Essen is one of the strongest young top universities in the world (19th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Ranking 2018). It is a member of the UA-Ruhr, Germany’s largest academic hub and an epicenter of innovation that fosters close interaction between academia and the private sector. This alliance provides students and researchers from around the world with an open gateway to the thriving metropolis Ruhr.
Are you passionate about SOFTWARE ENGINEERING research?
If so, you should apply for one of our positions.
Please let us know your research interest, the research challenge you like to work on, and your initial thoughts how to address the challenge.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- A full-time position with a competitive salary according to the German TV-L (40,000-50,000 € per annum)
- Dedicated travel and equipment budget
- Close collaboration with our partners from industry and academia in the context of our European and national research projects
- An attractive and modern workplace with excellent facilities
- Intensive mentoring and a structured PhD process
- Proficiency in English as working language
To be eligible for PhD Scholarships, an applicant must:
- Have recently completed your Master degree with outstanding grades in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Business Information Systems or related disciplines
- Highly interested in delving into complex, interdisciplinary research questions, and developing innovative results addressing current challenges
- Like to tackle an interesting research challenge
To apply for 02 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Computer Science, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Research proposal (up to 2 pages) describing your research interest, the research challenge you would like to address, and your initial thoughts on how to address this challenge
- Curriculum vitae
- Master thesis
- Bachelor/Master certificates and transcripts of records
Send application with reference number 451-19 to email@example.com, including documents in pdf format: