Applications are invited for 15 Fully Funded PhD Scholarship Positions in Ultrafast Science/Physics and Chemistry by the International Max Planck Research School for Ultrafast Imaging & Structural Dynamics (IMPRS-UFAST), Germany.
The International Max Planck Research School for Ultrafast Imaging & Structural Dynamics (IMPRS-UFAST), The Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter (MPSD), The Universität Hamburg (UHH), The Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), and The European XFEL GmbH have a collaboration.
Fully Funded international structured PhD program is offered by IMPRS-UFAST with exciting training opportunities in various fields of ultra-intense electron and X-ray sources for directly observing atomic motions during primary events, and ultrafast imaging over the relevant length and time scales to come to new levels of understanding of the interplay between structure and dynamics at atomic level.
Specific areas include theoretical and experimental aspects of condensed matter and atomically resolved dynamics, fundamental light-matter interaction, accelerator-based light sources, molecule imaging, extreme timescale spectroscopy, ultrafast optics and x-ray science, coherent imaging, coherent controlled molecular and solid state dynamics, relevance and applications in chemistry, biology and medicine.
After 03 years of completion, IMPRS-UFAST students normally graduate from the program with a PhD degree awarded by Universität Hamburg.
Successful applicants are requited to:
- An MSc degree or an equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry or related areas
- The statement of motivation and the transcript of records
- Possess a high level of proficiency in written and oral English
- Must provide a proof of their English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or the equivalent)
- Applicants who have completed a degree program in English may alternatively provide a language proficiency statement from their university
Applicants must provide the following with application form:
- Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
- List of Publication
- Letters of References from the two referees