Applications are invited for Fully Funded Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship.
The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Living expenses: € 11,400 (12 months) or € 22,800 (24 months)
- Health & liability insurance: € 700
- Visa application costs: € 174
- Tuition fees: € 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training costs: At cost
All applicants must meet the following requirements for Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship:
- Hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands
- Do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country
- Have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied
- Have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply
- Are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021
- Have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants
A full list of the Master’s programmes participating in Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme will be available in September.
Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University.
Step 2: Please fill in the application form (the form will open in October 2020), upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application.:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence
- The contact details of one referee
Step 3: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter per email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 1 February 2021 (Central European Time).