These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in South Waziristan, Orakzai, Kurram and Khyber Agencies of FATA, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Community mobilization through awareness raising, dialogue and using PRA/RRA tools to identify and prioritize the needs related to agriculture based livelihoods
- Organization of monthly meetings of communities for planning and implementation of project activities
- Arrangement of monthly meetings of Farmers Groups and ensuring record keeping
- Coordination with the project technical staff for the arrangement of capacity building
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project Officers
- Assistance to Project Officers in preparation and submission of case studies /success stories
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline
- Three years relevant working experience in livestock management and farmer trainings through LFFS methodology
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.