Applications are invited for job position of Senior Research Fellow in Health Economics, an integral member of Academic research in the Health Economics program at the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC), University of Sydney, Australia.
The CTC is looking to recruit a Senior Research Fellow (Academic Level C), to lead the economic modelling stream of research, under the senior leadership of the Director – Health Economics. Drawing on their extensive expertise in health economics, the incumbent will conduct within-trial and modelled economic evaluations, quality of life and value of information analysis across a range of applied areas. They will develop their own applied or methodological research interests, lead competitive grant applications, and write scholarly papers for publication in high quality medical or economics journals. There will be opportunities to teach in the Master of Clinical Trials Research and Master of Public Health degrees.
The applicants will have the following key responsibilities:
- Conducting within-trial and modelled economic evaluations
- Conducting analysis of resource use and costs using linked administrative data
- Collection and analysis of patient reported outcomes
- Preparing high quality written reports and peer-reviewed journal articles
- Supervision of Research Higher Degree students as appropriate
- Contributing to or leading competitive grant applications
- Management of junior research staff
- Managing key stakeholder/client relationships
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- full-time or part-time, for a fixed term of 36 months, with renewal subject to funding and business need
- base annual salary AUD 127,585 – 147,115 plus superannuation
To be eligible for job position of Senior Research Fellow in Health Economics, applicants must:
- PhD in Economics, Health Economics, Epidemiology, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong quantitative research skills as evidenced by coursework in econometrics, statistics
- Demonstrated track record in peer-reviewed publications including as first author
- Track record in category 1 research grants
Intending applicants for the job position of Senior Research Fellow in Health Economics are welcome to seek further information about the position from A/Professor Rachael Morton, Director, Health Economics & Associate Professor on +61 2 9562 5013 or email@example.com
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.