Applications are invited for the position of Senior Lecturer in Information Technology at the Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Australia.
Exciting opportunity for an qualified academic or industry professional to craft a new degree program and to help build capacity in the University’s research portfolio
The School of Computer Science is seeking to recruit a teaching and research academic as a Senior Lecturer (Level C) in Information Technology. The School is currently very strong in research in variety of areas (especially AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Optimisation, Cybersecurity and IoT/Distributed Computing) and seeks to create a new team in a complementary field such as in Virtual and Mixed Reality and/or User Experience, which will have a strong connection to activity both within the School and across the broader University.
The School currently offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science and Software Engineering and is now developing a new Bachelor of Information Technology program.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science – including machine learning – and high-level mathematics. Many of the Faculty’s academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Salary; (Level C) $119,070 to $136,990 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
- Fixed-term employment for o3 years with a possibility of conversion to a Continuing position subject to funding availability and performance
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and a PhD (or equivalent experience) in a relevant area
- Evidence of and a willingness to engage in curriculum development and renewal in Information Technology
- Leadership experience and high quality interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects in Information Technology, Computer Science and Software Engineering. Ability to supervise and motivate undergraduate and postgraduate students including encouraging intellectual development and career aspirations
- Ability to attract competitive research funding
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.