serve as a technical guide to the Provincial Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in all matters pertaining to the implementation of Supplementary Immunization Campaigns (SIAs) in the province, while making all efforts to ensure that they are effective and of the highest quality so as to help reduce the chances of importation of the virus to previously non-endemic areas and generally stopping its transmission throughout Pakistan. Furthermore, the incumbent would be expected to provide strategic and technical leadership for the implementation of all surveillance-related activities and ensuring full implementation of the National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP) for Polio Eradication 2017-18.
- Degree in medicine with post-graduate degree in epidemiology or public health from a recognized University is essential.
- Post-graduate training through a field epidemiology training program or the Epidemic intelligence Service (EIS) is an added advantage
- The incumbent must have at least seven years of professional work experience of which three years should be specific to emergency and/or outbreaks. Investigation and response.
- Strong technical knowledge in public health, epidemiology, surveillance, disease outbreak investigation, data management including analysis and interpretation of Campaign and AFP surveillance data.
- Experience or knowledge of the WHO mandate and goals of the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme.
- Field experience in public health eradication initiatives and emergency response / outbreak investigations
- Proven ability to clearly write scientific presentations and publications for programmatic use.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
- Producing results.
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Promoting WHO’s position in health leadership.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Transferring knowledge in a credible and effective way.