Applications are invited for Paid Scientist in Machine Learning / Deep Learning position with an opportunity to pursue a Fully Funded PhD at The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy, Germany.
The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB) as nationally and internationally acting institute is researching at the interface of biological and technical systems. Our research is aimed at sustainable intensification. We analyze, model and evaluate bio-economic production systems. We develop and integrate new technologies and management strategies for a knowledge-based, site-specific production of biomass, and its use for food, as raw materials and fuels – from basic research to application. Thus we are contributing to food security, animal welfare, the holistic use of biomass, and to protect the climate and environment.
The computer science junior research group “Data Science in Agriculture” at the ATB studies intelligent data analysis and machine learning methods and their application to research questions in agricultural technology and bioeconomy.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- The salary is defined according to the German public service scheme E13 TV-L (65%)
- Opportunity to pursue a doctorate
- An attractive, scientifically excellent, and interdisciplinary working environment
- Very good opportunities to further develop your scientific career
- Family-friendly working conditions that foster the compatibility of work and family life
To be eligible for Scientist (PhD) in Machine Learning / Deep Learning, an applicant must have:
- Master’s degree with excellent grades in Computer Science or a related field such as Mathematics or Physics, as well as demonstrable interest in and knowledge about machine learning methods
- Ability to work independently on challenging research questions
- Programming experience, ideally in Python or Matlab
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Proficiency in English Language (Very good written and spoken skills)
To apply for Scientist position, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Grade transcripts and copies of certificates
- Relevant publications, if any
- Letter of Motivation
Applicants are required to send all documents by email in one pdf document to email@example.com quoting the reference number 2019-DS-1.