Conducting and coordinating the research activities of the project Ensuring Valid Comparisons of Self-Reports in Heterogeneous Populations and Marginalized Groups (ENSURE) within the Research Unit of the German Research Foundation (DFG) “Refugee migration to Germany: a magnifying glass for broader public health challenges” (PH-LENS). In the project ENSURE, questionnaires and multi-item scales are developed or adapted for the use in refugee populations.
In addition, methods of questionnaire (scale) development and testing are evaluated with the aim to improve comparability of data. One position focusses on methods of data collection and piloting questionnaires; the other position is in charge of statistical methods to analyze measurement invariance within the frame of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). Both research associates are involved in all steps of the project with the tasks literature search, development and adaptation of the questionnaires for use in languages of refugee groups, conduction of empirical and experimental studies, statistical data analysis, presentations, national and international publications.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E-13 TV-L
- Both positions offer the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. PhD)
To be eligible for research associates, an applicant must:
- University degree (Master or comparable) in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of methods of social science research, knowledge in the area questionnaire (scale) development and testing
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis methods and profound experience in statistical software (STATA or SPSS, Mplus, or R)
- Excellent proficiency in German and English (spoken and written)
- Interest in obtaining further academic qualification, ability to work independently and in a team-oriented way
To apply for Research Associates in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences an applicant must submit following with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts, Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf- document to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: TU Dresden, Philosophische Fakultät, Institut für Soziologie, Professur für Methoden der empirischen Sozialforschung, Frau Prof. Natalja Menold, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.