UNESCO Islamabad is seeking to hire a Project Officer to join the Education Team in Islamabad. Initially the contract will be issued for one year with three month probation period and possibility of extension provided that performance is fully satisfactory and adequate funding is available for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring sound management of the GREP in compliance with UNESCO and specific donor requirements and in collaboration with concerned government counterparts;
- Coordinating planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities of the GREP within UNESCO Islamabad, implementing partners and provincial/ area governments;
- Ensuring the GREP implementation in the assigned areas according to UNESCO’s guidelines and procedures
- Advanced master degree in Education or Social Science, or similar field from a recognized national or international university.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of professional experience in programme planning, and management, coordination and M&E preferably with experience from educational programming and research.
- Some experience of working in Balochistan province and good understanding of girls issues in education preferred.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the government functioning at federal and/or provincial level.
- Solid understanding of the education systems in Pakistan, particularly girls’ education, its key challenges and possible solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of participatory development practices.
- Familiarity with UN/ UNESCO operations in Pakistan is desirable.
- Solid analytical and conceptualization skills, and excellent English drafting and presentation skills. Fluency in Urdu and preferably in other local languages.
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural work place, solid team skills.