Decentralization & Local Governance is a multi-year, multi-tier, multi sector and multi-stakeholder project launched by UNDP Pakistan to strengthen participatory federalism and decentralization against the backdrop of 18th Constitutional Amendment (2010). The Project views the 18th Amendment through a governance, development and public policy lens and identifies strategic areas of intervention to transition management of democratic devolution at federal, provincial and local levels. The core objective of the project is to assist institutional mechanisms to strengthen effective service delivery for peace and development and ultimately contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Designing and developing project AWP focusing on project expected outcomes and outputs.
- Designing and developing monitoring and reporting systems processes in line with the project AWP translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions.
- Conducting analysis of donor funding strategies, state priorities and beneficiary demands.
- Designing and developing project proposals along with aligning financial resources in accordance with the UNDP corporate requirements.
- Designing collecting, analysing and systemizing data to present in annual board meetings.
- Developing and presenting data findings through charts and reports for donor and government counterparts.
- Reviewing and identifying existing bottlenecks, risks and future trends to develop strategy documents.
- Developing mentoring relations with the programme implementation and executing partners, explaining adoption of performance indicators/success criteria, targets and milestones.
- Designing action plans on specific issues, anticipating difficulties, challenges and proposing solutions.
- Ensuring effective application of results based management tools to monitor achievements/results.
- Supporting capacity building of implementing partners in results based management and monitoring.
- Preparing regular reports on activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Advising in designing project formulation and evaluation missions and preparation of terms of reference.
- Liaising with the UNDP CO for all reporting and coordination.
- Conducting periodic visits to the project implementation areas to review compliance with the required UNDP procedures
- Supporting the CTA/NTA in preparation of project close out reports
- Representing the project on various forums for dissemination of information.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Governance or any relevant social science degree
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Past experience of similar work will be an added advantage
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is desirable
- Fluency in English (with excellent written proficiency is mandatory)