This position is located in FAO project Office Peshawar, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Provide support to the Natural Resource Management day-to-day implementation of the Project interventions towards effective and efficient delivery of the necessary services;
- Provide technical expertise and strategic guidance to all NRM components of the project, assuming quality control of interventions, and support the Project Manager in the coordination of the implementation of planned activities under the project as specified in the work plan;
- Recommend and facilitate the implementation of a range of effective community level initiatives to reduce direct physical impacts of disasters or any other events (landslides, high rainfall etc) in climate vulnerable hotspots in the target area;
- Identify capacity development needs of implementing partners in soil and water conservation and other NRM practices and in integration of recommended NRM practices in all the field interventions.
- Assist in the preparation of the needed training modules/designs for the project Support interventions and in the conduct of such trainings and planning workshops;
- In consultation with the Project Provincial Team, Country Teams, be responsible for the matters relating to community-based approaches to natural resources management and smooth implementation of the project in a timely manner;
- Liaise, and work closely on project management activities with the National Project Manager;
- Develop, implement and document appropriate best-practices in community-based approaches to natural resource management;
- Provide technical guidance on technical inputs to field operations;
- Develop training material, organize and participate in the conduct of workshops and training courses;
- Documented all project intervention reports and related activities
- Final Work Report presenting overall process documentation of activities conducted;
- Perform other related duties, if required
- Advanced University Degree in Natural Resource Management or related field
- Five years of relevant experience in community-based approaches to natural resource management which included working experience at country or provincial level
- A working knowledge of the English language and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.