The Department for Health is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Sport & Exercise Psychology with expertise in motivation and health behaviour change, to contribute to research and teaching in this area. We are particularly interested in applicants whose area of research will complement existing research interests within the department, and the Centre for Motivation and Health Behaviour Change in particular.
This post is intended to make a significant contribution to research and teaching in sport and exercise psychology. We particularly encourage applications from those with teaching and research interests that complement the Department’s Centre for Motivation and Health Behaviour Change, of which the successful applicant will be a member. The postholder will be expected to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
To conduct research with a high potential for national/international impact and profile; undertake teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level; supervise postgraduate research students, and undertake management and administrative duties commensurate with the role.
Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Appointment in Grade 8
- Annual salary starting from £40,792, rising to £48,677
To be eligible for the post, an applicant must have:
- PhD or equivalent in relevant discipline
- higher education teaching qualification or professional recognition (e.g. PGCert, FHEA or equivalent)
- emerging track record in research in relevant subject commensurate with stage of career
- excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- ability to supervise PhD students
- excellent organisational and administrative skills
Initial enquiries should be directed to Dr Fiona Gillison (Head of Department for Health, Tel: +44 (0)1225 384387, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Martyn Standage (Professor of Psychology, Health, and Applied Science), Tel: +44(0)1225 383087, email: email@example.com)