Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in Electronic Engineering. Applications are welcomed from individuals with expertise in the areas of radio and wireless communication systems, and with a particular interest in 5G applications. The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career stage. He/she will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programmes of the Department and undertake teaching duties on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students. The candidate should ideally have demonstrated teaching and research experience in one or more of the following areas:
• RF and mmWave circuits and systems – including power amplifiers, antenna arrays, passive structures, microwave filter design and other active circuits.
• physical layer wireless communications – including channel modelling, propagation analysis, modulation and coding.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate, and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.
- A PhD in electronic engineering or cognate discipline
- A strong academic record in teaching and research
- A record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in their field
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, programme development and academic innovation
- Experience supervising graduate research students
- Experience of, and commitment to, working in an interdisciplinary setting Good administrative, organisational, teamwork and communication skills.