Applications are invited for Full-time job position as Lecturer in Early Childhood Education at The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE), University of Melbourne, Australia.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, governmentand beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia’s educationsystem. MGSE’s Master of Teaching courses utilise a clinical teaching model which links academic theory with classroom practice.
The successful Lecturer in Early Childhood Education will be required to contribute to teaching and engagement in the area of early childhood education (birth to 8 years) and initial-teacher education programs. The job position will contribute to subject co-ordination, teaching and staff leadership in subjects and courses appropriate to your expertise. The successful applicant will have a track record in teaching experience and scholarship in the field of early childhood education, and experience in research and development activities in this field.
The successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- An annual salary of 102,967 – 122,268 AUD (Level B)
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To be eligible for Lecturer in Early Childhood Education, an applicant must:
- A completed doctoral degree in early childhood education or a related discipline
- An ability to demonstrate excellence in teaching in Higher Education
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to course or subject development, undertake subject coordination duties and provide specialised support to students on placement
- Knowledge of contemporary theoretical and policy debates and practice within the discipline area
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and constructively in teams, including multi- disciplinary teams. Broad knowledge and expertise enabling a contribution to teaching across multiple subjects and / or programs
- Capacity to contribute to the academic programs of the MGSE through participation in research, accessing research funding and consultancy opportunities
- Strong computer literacy in line with the University’s commitment to eTeaching and eLearning
- Experience in community engagement with a capacity to build local and international networks and partnerships
- Experience in leadership roles is desirable
Applicants for the position of for Lecturer in Early Childhood Education are required to apply online: