Applications are invited for Full-time job position Lecturer in Accounting at The School of Accounting, Economics & Finance, University of Wollongong, Australia.
The Faculty of Business is committed to advancing business-related knowledge internationally through innovative research, quality teaching and the promotion of responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. In so doing, our aim is to contribute to a better society and stronger economy. The Faculty is the largest of five faculties at the University, and has a strong reputation, both within Australia and overseas, for the quality of its research and teaching.
Lecturer in Accounting is responsible to contribute to the quality teaching efforts of the institution through the coordination and delivery of subjects in accounting. A lecturer is expected to make contributions to the teaching and research efforts of the institution and to carry out activities to maintain and develop his/her scholarly activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
The successful applicant will primarily contribute to the teaching and governance efforts of the school in the areas of financial and management accounting, auditing and taxation, especially in courses that have accounting accreditation and professional requirements.
The successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Level B position
- annual salary of 98,019 – 113,353 AUD
- + 17% superannuation
To be eligible for Lecturer in Accounting, an applicant must have:
- PhD relevant to the field of Accounting (or equivalent accreditation and standing)
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the field (academic and/or professional)
- Demonstrated research experience in the field including though not limited to: literature review, qualitative and quantitative research and publications
- Demonstrated participation/capacity to participate in Governance and Service activity both within the University and external bodies (eg professional associations)
- Experience in administering and delivering teaching across multiple campuses
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate subjects in financial andmanagement accounting, auditing and taxation and other accounting subjects as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and to meet deadlines without close supervision
Applicants are required to apply online. Applicants will be able to save application at any time and submit at a later date if required