These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in Bajur, Mohamand and Torghar Agencies of FATA, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Work directly with farmers, and help them discover important concepts/ issues in crops farming through practical learning.
- Carry out awareness-raising meetings to introduce the FFS concept, identify the farmers and learning site/ sites;
- Follow up and coordinate with the related authorities for their contribution to the FFSs;
- Adhered to prepared training curricula and facilitate training on Good Agriculture Practices;
- Contribute to the development of the IPM-GAP programmes for the target crops;
- Assist in establishment of demonstration/learning sites an run FFS
- Report the progress of the FFS and demonstrations plots activities;
- Develop the FFS group action plan, arranging Field days, exposure/ exchange visits.
- Contribute in development of extension materials related to effective FFS activities
- Master/bachelor degree in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Soil Science.
- At least 3 Years of relevant experience with well reputed organization
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.