This position is located in FAO project Office Khyber, Bajur, Mohmand agencies of FATA and district Torghar of KPK, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Support the effective implementation and management of the project at District/Agency level
- Ensure implementation of work plans in accordance to the agreements signed between the donors/Govt. and the organization;
- Oversee the everyday operations at the field office;
- Ensure effective coordination with all the stakeholders;
- Oversee monitoring frameworks for measuring the progresses of various staff at field office;
- Review and ensure the archiving of the financial record;
- Carry out field visits, to various intervention sites, and report these field visits in proper reporting formats on monthly and quarterly basis;
- Provide technical guidance on technical inputs to field operations;
- Develop training material, organize and participate in the conduct of workshops and training courses;
- Document all project intervention reports and related activities at field level
- Draft a final Work Report presenting overall process documentation of activities conducted;
- Perform other related duties, if required
- Advanced University Degree in Natural Sciences or Project Management
- Five years of relevant experience of managing projects at country/provincial or district level
- A working knowledge of the English language and ability to work in multi-disciplinaryand multi-cultural teams is essential.